10 Ways to Increase eCommerce Conversions
As an eCommerce brand, there is usually one thing above all else, that trumps in importance, and that’s increasing sales and conversions. There are a ton of different ways to up your sales numbers momentarily but there are only a handful of tried and true methods that will work in your favor consistently. Here are 10 ways to improve your conversions and increase overall sales figures.
1. Amazing Product ImagesA picture isn’t just worth a thousand words, it has actual monetary value when you use it properly. Providing detailed and vivid pictures for your goods will allow customers to get a solid idea of what they might be purchasing.
2. Descriptive Product CopyAfter a product image, product descriptions hold most value. Having concise yet specific enough descriptions that showcase all major benefits of your product, will ensure an educated decision by the customer.
3. Product VideosVideo in eCommerce has been an increasingly popular trend. It creates more tangibility for your products and while it may seem expensive, social options like Instagram & Vine can be a good starting ground.
4. Customization OptionsEven though this may not be possible for every eCommerce player, having customizable or personalization options for products will give customers a chance to add their own flair, thus creating a stronger connection between shopper and your brand.
5. Provide Free ShippingIf it’s not already available, free shipping can be the difference in a shopper’s decision to purchase or not. Added costs are something customers loathe, so removing them can only help.
6. Better Search & FilteringIf you site has a ton of products, then having very thorough search and filtering functionalities will allow customers to get to the item they want quickly.
7. Capture Emails at Shopping CartIn order to prevent shopping cart abandonment, collect emails when a customer places a product in their cart. This way you can continue to re-engage when appropriate. Also, any marketer will tell you; more emails acquired equals more future sales.
8. Let Shoppers Name a PriceIt’s a very safe assumption that one of the biggest reasons of not purchasing something is the cost. Allowing your shoppers to tag the price their comfortable with paying and using email capture strategies will give you a quick re-engagement point.
9. Highlight Your Sales SectionIf you don’t have a sales or clearance section, your first step should be to create one. Second step should be to highlight that section. A lowered price is one of the best purchase triggers, so it should be well advertised.
10. Accept Different Forms of PaymentsThere are a variety of payment options these days, so limiting your customer to credit cards will do just that, limit your customers. Having more than one or two payment options, will ensure every customer can make a purchase without worries. Take a look at your current eCommerce experience, and see what small but effective tweaks you can make to increase sales and improve your conversions.